Happy New Year Friends! I have been thinking a lot about what I would like to accomplish this year. I am really not one to set resolutions because those are so cut and dry. I prefer to think of them as goals. I thought it would be more fun to just daydream about some goals I want to do for this year. Just to streamline them and have them all in one place.
Do you set resolutions? Or are you into just goals, like me?
Okay, let’s get to it!
- Sleep. Just like every other Mom out there, I put me on the back burner more often than I should. Taking care of little ones is not for the weak! LOL! Translation: lack of sleep. I am making it a goal to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. The bags under my eyes are seriously bad. So as I was googling “best dark circle cover ups” the other night, it dawned on me to just get more sleep and maybe I could skip the $40 jar of spackle it would take to cover them up! I know, lightbulb moment over here!
- Eat cleaner. I did pretty good at this in 2017. I used Fitness Pal and documented everything I ate for 6 months last year and was able to lose 15 stubborn pounds. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s an app for your phone that keeps track of your food intake and even exercise. I found it really helps me stay accountable of what I am shoving into my pie hole. All you do is enter your height, weight and how much you want to lose a week. It will give you the correct calorie count and you can track your progress. It’s amazing how much grazing I was doing off my kids plates! It’s awesome once you get used to entering in all your food choices. I stopped at Thanksgiving and haven’t opened the app since! Those holiday goodies are just too yummy to resist! But, I am back on track and ready to concur those last 10 pounds. Of course, 4 of them were gained during my holiday food vacation. This year I plan on talking more about the app and how I make it work for our family.
- Workout more. We have a full gym in our garage. My husband and I workout there a couple times a week. Of course, since our Thanksgiving break we haven’t been out there, but the weights are waiting for us to return! And return we shall!
- I have been hit or miss as far as this blog is concerned. I really have been thinking about the direction I want to take it. I have been using every excuse in the books about why I haven’t posted. Starting to work really threw a wrench into my time, but I need to make the time to do the things I love and to share it here with you. So I have decided the best way to do that is to set it up as an appointment like I would at work and that is my time to blog.
- Study. I am not really a very techy kind of person, so the learning curve of how to make things look the way I want them to is a daunting task for me. It’s time to get over that and make it work!
- Learn my DSLR camera. Last year for my birthday I got a Canon and I have played with it some and sometimes the pictures are great and sometimes they are trash. So I have been looking into a class locally to take so I can get into manual mode. I am most excited about this!
- Post more consistently. That one is self explanatory! LOL
- I have a couple of rooms that I want to see finished this year. One is my laundry room. You can see where I am with it in this post. We put this on hold due to finances. I have already contacted my handyman to make this a reality in the next month or so. I will update as it happens.
- Living room. This is the first room anyone sees when they enter our house. I have a couple of pieces of furniture for this room picked out and I plan on tackling it this spring.
- Children’s room. As my children are moving out of the baby stages we need to transition them to a room they can grow into. I am already making a list of things needed for them and am on the lookout for sales so I can mark them off the list.
- Outdoors. Come springtime I already have plans for some new plants and trees I would like to add to the house. I also would like to do some outdoor lighting to show them off at night.
- Organize. I have some closets that would rival Monica’s hoarder closet from friends. Time to get those handled. Goodwill will be seeing a lot of me this year.
Okay, that about wraps it up for me this year. Lots of goals and things to do. Hopefully, I didn’t bore you too much on this.
You can find me daily on Instagram sharing my day to day happenings. I love that place. Such a fun community and so full of wonderful inspiration!
See you soon,